Post Inauguration: Economic Update & Your 401(k) Plan
March 29, 2017, 9:30 am - 3/29/17 10:30 amClick here to View Recording
A 401(k) is a valuable retirement tool, but not one size fits all. Positioning yourself in the best possible light takes time and thought.
In just 45 minutes, we will learn:
- The basics of a 401(k) plan.
- How your 401(k) account may be enhanced by appropriate investment of certain proportions of a portfolio in certain sectors.
- How you can use historical performance to design an optimal investment strategy.
- A brief overview of how economic fundamentals affect your 401(k).
Vice President, Client Advisor
JP Morgan Investment Services
Driving Down Escalating Auto Insurance Costs!
February 22, 2017, 9:30 am - 2/22/17 10:30 amClick here to View Recording
Auto insurance costs have become one of the top concerns for commercial businesses in 2017. Over the past 5 years, claim costs have skyrocketed due to numerous factors including reduced gas prices, an improved economy, an increased number of workers on the road, the ever rising distracted driver dilemma involving cell phone/texting use, and higher jury awards. Industry-wide, incoming premium dollars have not kept pace with rapidly rising claim costs. To restore balance, premiums are increasing and each account is under greater scrutiny for underwriting acceptability.
Join us as we take a look at:
1. the current distressed state of the commercial auto insurance market,
2. uncover the reasons for escalating premiums,
3. examine how an underwriter prices your account and,
4. most importantly, discover low or no-cost best practice strategies your business can implement immediately to reduce these costs!
Matt Gore, ARM, AIS
Sr. Loss Control Consultant
Amerisure Insurance Company
John Bruneau, Esq.
Vice President, Insurance Operations
Workers’ Compensation: The Road to Savings
January 25, 2017, 9:30 am - 1/25/17 10:30 amClick here to View Recording
The three main reasons workers’ compensation costs are high:
1. Too many claims, lasting too long.
*At LassiterWare, we say, “The only good claim, is a closed claim.”
2. Poor program design.
*Communication, education and motivation need to be at the forefront when designing and implementing.
3. Lack of involvement by the employer.
*The most important aspect to a successful Workers’ Compensation program is the level of commitment and awareness put forth by the employer.
Yes, the road to savings is still achievable; even in the times of substantial rate increases. Join us as we introduce LassiterWare’s personal iComp platform and provide proactive strategies that employers can use to reduce work comp costs.
John Bruneau, Esq.
V.P. of Insurance Operations | LassiterWare, Inc.
Teresa A. Long, MWCA, CWCA
Injury Management Specialist | LassiterWare, Inc.
How to Attract & Retain Key Employees?
December 14, 2016, 9:30 am - 12/14/16 10:30 amClick here to View Recording
“A great employee is like a four leaf clover, hard to find and lucky to have.” – Tammy Cohen
- Do you have key employees who make substantial contributions to the success of your business?
- Do you know what the financial impact on your business would be if a key employee terminated employments?
- Do you know how to determine the econimic value of a key employee?
- Have you ever lost a key employee to a competitor?
- Do you offer any benefits on a selective basis to your key employees? Do your competitors?
Join us as we take a broad-brush approach touching on products/services that will help build solutions and strengthen the success for your business.
Speaker: Alan Williamson, CLU, ChFC
Post Election: Federal Regulations Update
November 16, 2016, 9:30 am - 11/21/16 10:30 amClick here to View Recording
With President-elect, Donald J. Trump, there are still a lot of raised hands in regards to Federal Regulations and changes likely to take place once all the dust clears. Many of the pressing questions being asked are:
- What changes are business owners possibly facing?
- Will President-elect, Trump, bring about repeals or will regulations intensify?
- What changes should business owners be aware of right now?
This presentation will discuss the state of Federal Regulations for businesses as a result of the newly elected president and to provide a full update on where regulations stand currently for the 2017 year.
Speaker: J. Robert McCormack | Partner
Ogltree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Steward, P.C.
Subcontractor Agreements & Contractual Risk Transfer
Join us as we share reasonable, but effective techniques that can be incorporated into your subcontractors agreements to transfer risk and reduce your overall exposure. We will take a look at ways to identify unfavorable provisions within contracts you are asked to sign and provide “push-back” strategies to reduce or eliminate those exposures and associated costs.
Speaker: John R. Bruneau, Esq.
Vice President of Property & Casualty
Important ACA & Employee Benefits Compliance Update
October 26, 2016, 9:30 am - 10/26/16 10:30 amClick here to View Recording
Join us for a preview of the U.S. presidential election and its potential impact on the Affordable Care Act and employee benefits. We’ll discuss recent legal and regulatory developments in health care reform, including:
• ACA’s Section 1557 nondiscrimination rules for health programs that receive federal funding;
• new rules for wellness programs in 2017;
• IRS guidance on “opt-out” payments; and other issues relevant to employers and;
• the latest guidance on correcting ACA reporting errors and examine changes to the forms for the 2016 reporting season.
Speaker: Stacy H. Barrow | Partner
Marathas Barrow Weatherhead Lent LLP
Reduce the Impact: Workers’ Compensation Rate Increase
September 28, 2016, 9:30 am - 9/28/16 10:30 amClick here to View Recording
In recent months, the Florida Supreme Court issued an opinion in two separate cases finding particular provisions within the workers’ compensation regulations to be unconstitutional. The combined impact of these recent decisions has been extreme and expected to put Florida back on path with the record high rates seen in the early 2000s, particularly in the areas of premium rates, claims costs, and carrier marketplace tightening.
September 27,2016 – “The Florida Office of Insurance Regulation (Office) has issued an Order that gives contingent approval to an overall combined average statewide rate increase of 14.5% versus the requested 19.6% [by the NCCI]. Approval of the revised rate increase is contingent on NCCI amending the filing to include the recommended changes stipulated within the Order. As ordered by the Office, the revised rate increase would become effective on December 1, 2016 for new and renewal business, with no change in rates for current in-force polices. The amended rate filing must be filed with the Office for review and approval no later than October 4, 2016.” – Florida Office of Insurance Regulation
NOTE: This presentation will discuss the costs businesses will incur as a result of these high-profile rulings, as well as proactive strategies that business owners can take to reduce the financial impact.
John Bruneau, Esq.
Vice President | Property & Casualty Division
Teresa A. Long, MWCA, CWCA
Injury Management Specialist
Legislative Update: DOL’s Proposed Revisions to Overtime Regulations
April 27, 2016, 9:30 am - 6/4/16 10:30 amClick here to View Recording
The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) has published proposed revisions of the Part 541 overtime regulations that define the executive, administrative, professional, outside sales, and computer employee exemptions from overtime and minimum wage requirements contained in section 13(a)(1) of the Fair Labor Standards Act. While these new revisions must go through a notice and comment procedure, once finalized, they will decrease the number of exempt employees and increase the number of employees eligible for overtime. This seminar is designed to provide insight and guidance into what regulations will be changing, how to effectively and economically implement them and what to expect on the horizon from the administration as we move further into unexplored territory.
Speaker: William E. Grob
Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
Cyber Liability: Why in the World Wide Web does my business need this?
March 30, 2016, 9:30 am - 3/30/16 10:30 amClick here to View Recording
This webinar will focus on the following:
- Understanding and identifying the exposures created by the internet and technology – “Cyber Exposures”
- Understanding how existing insurance products address (or fail to address) these exposures
- Understanding Network Security/Privacy Insurance Products
- Best practices to mitigate exposure
Speaker: Eric Shapiro
Regional Vice President | Southeast