Personal Umbrella Insurance (June 28, 2017)
June 28, 2017, 9:30 am - 10:30 amClick here to View Recording
Join us in June for a Webinar on Personal Umbrella Insurance. What is a Personal Umbrella Policy and why would you want one?
• Selecting an adequate limit
• Personal Assets
• Lines of insurance typically covered
• Lines of insurance typically NOT covered
Marijuana in the Workplace: An Unclear Issue for Employers (May 17, 2017)
May 17, 2017, 9:30 am - 10:30 amClick here to View Recording
Join us in May for a Webinar to learn about Marijuana in the Workplace. Gain an education and understanding to ensure your company’s policies and procedures are in compliance.
- Does marijuana remain an illegal drug?
- How many states have legalized:
- Medical marijuana?
- Recreational marijuana?
- Both medical and recreational marijuana and what is the difference between the two in the workplace?
- What are the common features of the State Marijuana Statues?
- Do employers in states that have legalized marijuana still permitted to conduct marijuana testing on employees?
- If an employee fails a drug test for marijuana, however, has a medical prescription, can the employer terminate employee or would that be considered discrimination?
- If a company has multi-state employees wherein some states have legalized medical and/or recreational use of marijuana and some do not, how does a company effectively manage this issue in the workplace and be in compliance?
- What should be included in the employee handbook/workplace policy regarding the legalization of the drug?
Presenters: Jeff Branham, Esquire and Doug Noah, Esquire
Dean, Ringers, Morgan & Lawton
OSHA: New 2017 Reporting Requirements (April 26, 2017)
April 26, 2017, 9:30 am - 10:30 amClick here to View Recording
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has updated the rule that pertains to the reporting of workplace injuries and illnesses. The new rule requires certain employers to electronically submit injury and illness data that began on January 1, 2017. The goal of the rule is to encourage employers to better identify hazards, address safety issues, and prevent future injuries and illnesses.
In 45 minutes, we will discuss:
- Requirements for employers based on employee size
- Which OSHA forms employers are required to submit and deadlines
- Future requirements and expectations
- New Anti-Retaliation Protection
- Increased fines and penalties
- Resources and Solutions
Matt Gore, ARM AIS
Sr. Loss Control Consultant
Amerisure Insurance Company
Post Inauguration: Economic Update & Your 401(k) Plan (March 29, 2017)
March 29, 2017, 9:30 am - 10:30 amClick here to View Recording
A 401(k) is a valuable retirement tool, but not one size fits all. Positioning yourself in the best possible light takes time and thought.
In just 45 minutes, we will learn:
- The basics of a 401(k) plan.
- How your 401(k) account may be enhanced by appropriate investment of certain proportions of a portfolio in certain sectors.
- How you can use historical performance to design an optimal investment strategy.
- A brief overview of how economic fundamentals affect your 401(k).
Vice President, Client Advisor
JP Morgan Investment Services
Driving Down Escalating Auto Insurance Costs! (February 22, 2017)
February 22, 2017, 9:30 am - 10:30 amClick here to View Recording
Auto insurance costs have become one of the top concerns for commercial businesses in 2017. Over the past 5 years, claim costs have skyrocketed due to numerous factors including reduced gas prices, an improved economy, an increased number of workers on the road, the ever rising distracted driver dilemma involving cell phone/texting use, and higher jury awards. Industry-wide, incoming premium dollars have not kept pace with rapidly rising claim costs. To restore balance, premiums are increasing and each account is under greater scrutiny for underwriting acceptability.
Join us as we take a look at:
1. the current distressed state of the commercial auto insurance market,
2. uncover the reasons for escalating premiums,
3. examine how an underwriter prices your account and,
4. most importantly, discover low or no-cost best practice strategies your business can implement immediately to reduce these costs!
Matt Gore, ARM, AIS
Sr. Loss Control Consultant
Amerisure Insurance Company
John Bruneau, Esq.
Vice President, Insurance Operations
Workers’ Compensation: The Road to Savings
January 25, 2017, 9:30 am - 10:30 amClick here to View Recording
The three main reasons workers’ compensation costs are high:
1. Too many claims, lasting too long.
*At LassiterWare, we say, “The only good claim, is a closed claim.”
2. Poor program design.
*Communication, education and motivation need to be at the forefront when designing and implementing.
3. Lack of involvement by the employer.
*The most important aspect to a successful Workers’ Compensation program is the level of commitment and awareness put forth by the employer.
Yes, the road to savings is still achievable; even in the times of substantial rate increases. Join us as we introduce LassiterWare’s personal iComp platform and provide proactive strategies that employers can use to reduce work comp costs.
John Bruneau, Esq.
V.P. of Insurance Operations | LassiterWare, Inc.
Teresa A. Long, MWCA, CWCA
Injury Management Specialist | LassiterWare, Inc.
How to Attract & Retain Key Employees?
December 14, 2016, 9:30 am - 10:30 amClick here to View Recording
“A great employee is like a four leaf clover, hard to find and lucky to have.” – Tammy Cohen
- Do you have key employees who make substantial contributions to the success of your business?
- Do you know what the financial impact on your business would be if a key employee terminated employments?
- Do you know how to determine the econimic value of a key employee?
- Have you ever lost a key employee to a competitor?
- Do you offer any benefits on a selective basis to your key employees? Do your competitors?
Join us as we take a broad-brush approach touching on products/services that will help build solutions and strengthen the success for your business.
Speaker: Alan Williamson, CLU, ChFC
Post Election: Federal Regulations Update
November 16, 2016, 9:30 am - 10:30 amClick here to View Recording
With President-elect, Donald J. Trump, there are still a lot of raised hands in regards to Federal Regulations and changes likely to take place once all the dust clears. Many of the pressing questions being asked are:
- What changes are business owners possibly facing?
- Will President-elect, Trump, bring about repeals or will regulations intensify?
- What changes should business owners be aware of right now?
This presentation will discuss the state of Federal Regulations for businesses as a result of the newly elected president and to provide a full update on where regulations stand currently for the 2017 year.
Speaker: J. Robert McCormack | Partner
Ogltree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Steward, P.C.
Subcontractor Agreements & Contractual Risk Transfer
Join us as we share reasonable, but effective techniques that can be incorporated into your subcontractors agreements to transfer risk and reduce your overall exposure. We will take a look at ways to identify unfavorable provisions within contracts you are asked to sign and provide “push-back” strategies to reduce or eliminate those exposures and associated costs.
Speaker: John R. Bruneau, Esq.
Vice President of Property & Casualty
Important ACA & Employee Benefits Compliance Update
October 26, 2016, 9:30 am - 10:30 amClick here to View Recording
Join us for a preview of the U.S. presidential election and its potential impact on the Affordable Care Act and employee benefits. We’ll discuss recent legal and regulatory developments in health care reform, including:
• ACA’s Section 1557 nondiscrimination rules for health programs that receive federal funding;
• new rules for wellness programs in 2017;
• IRS guidance on “opt-out” payments; and other issues relevant to employers and;
• the latest guidance on correcting ACA reporting errors and examine changes to the forms for the 2016 reporting season.
Speaker: Stacy H. Barrow | Partner
Marathas Barrow Weatherhead Lent LLP