Marijuana in the Workplace: An Unclear Issue for Employers
May 17, 2017, 9:30 am - 10:30 am
Join us in May for a Webinar to learn about Marijuana in the Workplace. Gain an education and understanding to ensure your company’s policies and procedures are in compliance.
- Does marijuana remain an illegal drug?
- How many states have legalized:
- Medical marijuana?
- Recreational marijuana?
- Both medical and recreational marijuana and what is the difference between the two in the workplace?
- What are the common features of the State Marijuana Statues?
- Do employers in states that have legalized marijuana still permitted to conduct marijuana testing on employees?
- If an employee fails a drug test for marijuana, however, has a medical prescription, can the employer terminate employee or would that be considered discrimination?
- If a company has multi-state employees wherein some states have legalized medical and/or recreational use of marijuana and some do not, how does a company effectively manage this issue in the workplace and be in compliance?
- What should be included in the employee handbook/workplace policy regarding the legalization of the drug?
Presenters: Jeff Branham, Esquire and Doug Noah, Esquire
Dean, Ringers, Morgan & Lawton