Leadership Lessons from Best-Selling Author, Kristen Hadeed
Kristen unintentionally launched Student Maid, a cleaning company that hires students, while attending college in 2007. Since then, Student Maid has employed hundreds of people and is widely recognized for its industry-leading retention rate and its culture of trust, accountability, and compassion. However, Kristen and her company were no overnight sensation. In fact, they were almost nothing at all when a mass walkout took place by her employees just a few months into her new venture.
The mistakes leading to that unfortunate event were not her first and would definitely not be her last. This eye-opening experience sparked her obsession with learning how to be a better leader.
Hear Kristen’s story of how she built a company where people are happy, loyal, productive and empowered. It’s a story that dismisses the idea that leaders and organizations should try to be perfect. It’s a story of how Kristen went from being an almost comically inept leader to a sought-after CEO on leadership.
In 45 minutes, Kristen will discuss:
- Highly educated people do screw up
- Leaders, Management and Employees are not perfect
- Admit and learn from mistakes
- Check one’s ego at the door – one must be willing to make unflattering discoveries about themselves and others when a screw up is made
- Don’t judge someone’s professional or personal character by a screw up
- Screw ups just might turn into “rights”